The Certificate in Information Management, Privacy, and Access (IMPA) is designed to provide a comprehensive overview of the fundamentals of information management, privacy, and access as it relates to functions within Ontario school boards. Additionally, the program offers students a strategic overview of leadership within today’s IMPA environment. Students will gain a sound understanding of the legislation affecting information management, privacy, and access, developing the necessary skills to design and deliver effective IMPA programs, policies, and procedures.
The four (4) courses include:
1. Fundamentals of Access, Privacy and Records Information Management
2. Design and Delivery of Information Management, Privacy, and Access Programs
3. Managerial Effectiveness for IMPA Professionals
4. Data Security and Risk Management
Program Learning Outcomes:
Upon successful completion of the certificate, you will be able to:
1. Describe and apply the theory and practice of Information Management, Privacy, and Access (IMPA).
2. Explain the importance of IMPA in the overall management and leadership in Ontario school boards.
3. Identify the process, issues, and techniques involved in developing and delivering IMPA programs.
4. Identify and model leadership skills that are developed through the practice of individuals, groups, and team theory.
5. Demonstrate practical skills to improve data security and manage risk.
If you would like additional information on this certificate, please email our main office or phone us at 519-767-5000.
The certificate program is offered jointly by the Ontario Association of School Business Officials (OASBO) and the University of Guelph, Open Learning and Educational Support (OpenEd).