During this online 3-weeks course, participants will learn how to control composition and processing parameters to maximize yield and quality through online presentations, videos, practical exercises, online discussions, quizzes and thoughtful assignments. Dr. Joe Yun, former technical director with Parmalat Canada, will be the guest co-instructor for this course.
By the end of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Maximize milk components and ingredients to increase value without sacrificing quality
- Make accurate calculations of yield
- Optimize processing parameters to increase yield
- Understand tools and resources available for better yield control
- Financial Importance of cheese yield prediction and measurement
- The composition and structural components of milk; retention of milk components.
- Standardization of milk composition for cheese making
- Yield measurement, expression and prediction
- Conducting yield and composition studies
- Automation and yield control
- Potential causes for the low cheese yield before and during cheese making
|End-of-unit 5-minute quizzes||20%|
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Cheese Maker Certificate : Core Courses
*Course details are subject to change.