The main theories of leadership will be discussed with exploration of the current literature, practice leadership skills and perform relevant activities in an online environment. Emphasis will be placed on the communication challenges facing leaders in small organizations and the importance of developing a culture of shared leadership.
Note: This course can be taken individually or as a part of a certificate program.
By the end of the course, the learner should be able to:
- Demonstrate an increased self-awareness;
- Demonstrate an understanding of leadership theories;
- Identify practical leadership skills and the application of them; and
- Demonstrate an awareness of the ethical responsibilities of a leader.
- Understanding human nature and behaviour
- Leadership theories
- Effective leadership practices
- Team building
- Gender differences in leadership
- Organizational change
- Collaborative leadership model
- Negative leadership and sociopaths
- Milgram experiments
- Authentic leadership model
Course Prerequisite(s): 10.00 credits
Course Restriction(s): REXT*4100
|Concept Map Assignment||15%|
Note: The is no final exam for this course.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Communication Process: Bridging Theory and Practice : Required Courses
- Certificate in Leadership : Electives