HROB*2290 - Human Resources Management
This course examines the essential human resource function of planning, staffing, employee training and development, employee assistance programs, the legal environment and employee maintenance in a variety of organizational settings.
Note: This course may be taken individually or as a part of a certificate program.
By the end of the course, the learner should be able to:
- Understand emerging challenges in managing human resources;
- Understand the contexts in which human resources management takes place, including the legislative framework;
- Analyze staff issues and consider how organizations recruit, train, develop, maintain and phase out employees;
- Understand performance, training, and career developments appraisal and management; and
- Understand the governance of the employer-employee relationship, from internal and external perspectives.
- Strategy, Human Resources and Legal Issues
- Job Analysis and Design
- Human Resource Planning
- Recruitment and Selection
- Orientation and Training
- Performance Management
- Health and Safety
- Global HR Management
- Managing Employee Separations
Prerequisite(s): 1 of BUS*2090, BUS*2220, HROB*2090
Restriction(s): BUS*3000, HROB*2100, HROB*3000, PSYC*3070. This is a Priority Access Course. Some restrictions may apply during some time periods. Please contact the department for more information.
|Assessment Item||Weight||Learning Outcomes|
|Online Quizzes (10% each)||24%||1, 3, 4, 5|
|Discussions||40%||1, 2, 3, 4, 5|
|Online Final Exam||36%||1, 2, 3, 4, 5|
Additional Technical Requirements
This course will use the following:
- Respondus tool to invigilate one or more exams.
Please view the Technical Considerations.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Business : Electives
- Certificate in Hospitality Studies : Required Courses
- Certificate in Leadership : Electives
You are responsible for ensuring that your computer system meets the necessary system requirements. Use the browser check tool to ensure your browser settings are compatible and up to date (results will be displayed in a new browser window).
*Course details are subject to change.